22 November, 2010

Everything sacred

We tasted like ice
And burnt cinnamon
Fire sizzled down your throat
And the plaintive mews of yesteryear
Caught in the turn
And twisting
Of my marzipan hands.

You
Of only stark-white
Bone
And magnesium bright
Crossed the nexus
Laying succulent passion fruit
And fury sap
At my feet.

My dainty
Palace feet
Bound and chained
Longed and yearned
To run to you
Heaving and dry--
With the anguish of yesteryear

When will the music fade?
The jazz notes
And blues of smoky
Risque clubs

My palace feet
Will never know
Never conquer
The agony of your earth
O, sing to me
Bring to me
Muses of Ancient times
Of Sicilian olives
And branches most divine

Connect my world and yours
Twisting, twirling
And falling to ashes
Everything sacred
Was found in your balmy eyes
And my palace feet
Never danced again.

Until you come
Bringing me yesteryear
And olives and fruit
Of passion most divine

No comments: